Record Results for Cards Certified by CGC Trading Cards in Recent Online Sales
Posted on 7/21/2022
Trading cards that are certified by CGC Trading Cards™ are selling for record amounts through the online auction site PWCC. Collectors have embraced the services offered by CGC Trading Cards, which has certified more than 1.5 million cards since it launched in 2020.
The record prices include $2,880 for a Poncho-wearing Pikachu, Pokémon (2016) Japanese, XY & XY BREAK Promos graded CGC Perfect 10; and $720 for a Pikachu M LV.X, Pokémon (2009) Japanese, Diamond & Pearl Promo graded CGC Pristine 10. Each was sold in a sale that ended July 17, 2022, and was a record price for its card, according to PWCC.
Other CGC-graded highlights sold recently through PWCC include:
- a Goomy, Pokémon (2015) Japanese, Art Academy Illustration Contest graded CGC 9.5 that realized $6,000 on June 26 in a weekly auction
- a Mox Jet, Magic: The Gathering (1993), Unlimited Edition graded CGC 7.5 that realized $5,800 on April 27 in a fixed-price sale
- a Pikachu, Pokémon (2016) Japanese XY & XY BREAK Promots graded CGC Pristine 10 that realized $4,080 on May 29 in a weekly auction
- a Shining Magikarp, Pokémon (2001) Japanese Unnumbered Promo graded CGC 6 that realized $3,120 on July 3 in a weekly auction
- a Shining Charizard, Pokémon (2002) Neo Destiny - First Edition graded CGC 9 that realized $2,760 on May 8 in a weekly auction
- a Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Magic: The Gathering (1994) Legends graded CGC 7 that realized $2,760 on May 1 in a weekly auction
- a Flareon, Pokémon (2005) Japanese PLAY Promotional Cards graded CGC 7 that realized $2,340 on June 26 in a weekly auction
- a Mew, Pokémon (2016) Japanese XY & XY BREAK Promos graded CGC Pristine 10 that realized $2,250 on May 29 in a weekly auction
Prices realized include buyer's premium.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!