Auction Features Early Magic Cards Graded by CGC Trading Cards
Posted on 7/20/2022
Over 150 Magic: The Gathering cards from the 1990s that have been certified by CGC Trading Cards™ are being offered in an upcoming auction. Bidding opens in late July for Heritage Auctions' “Tapping into the Many Worlds of Magic: The Gathering Vol. 2 Showcase Auction, which concludes August 18, 2022.
One CGC Trading Cards-graded highlight is a rare Ancestral Recall, Magic: The Gathering (1993) Unlimited Edition. This card is graded CGC 6.5 with sub-grades of Centering (9), Surface (6.5), Corners (6.5) and Edges (6.5). Due to its power, the Ancestral Recall card was later banned from most formats.
Other notable Magic: The Gathering cards graded by CGC Trading Cards in this auction include:
- a Dark Ritual (1993) Limited Edition (Beta) graded CGC 9
- a Black Lotus (1993) Unlimited Edition graded CGC 3.5
- a Jayemdae Tome (1993) Limited Edition (Beta) graded CGC 9.5
- an Ali from Cairo (1993) Arabian Nights graded CGC 9.5
- an All Hallow's Eve (1994) Legends graded CGC 9
- a Bazaar of Baghdad (1993) Arabian Nights graded CGC 7.5
- a Eureka (1994) Legends graded CGC 9
- a Jihad (1993) Arabian Nights graded CGC 9.5
- a Library of Alexandria (1993) Arabian Nights graded CGC 7.5
- a City of Brass (1993) Arabian Nights graded CGC 9
- a Berserk (1993) Limited Edition (Beta) graded CGC 9.5
With the launch of CGC Trading Cards in 2020, Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) brought the same expertise, integrity and passion that revolutionized comic book collecting to the world of trading cards. The division continues to grow with the addition of new games, investment in the latest technology, incredible collections certified and record-setting prices realized.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!