Iconic Michael Jordan Card Certified by CSG Offered in Hake's Sale
Posted on 11/3/2022
A valuable Michael Jordan rookie is among dozens of cards graded by Certified Sports Guaranty® (CSG®) that are being offered in a Hake’s Auctions sale. Bidding is already underway for Auction #236 Session I, which is set to end on November 15, 2022.
The top CSG-certified card in the sale is an iconic 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan rookie card graded CSG 6 (lot 778). Despite having a high print run, this Michael Jordan card is one of the most sought-after modern basketball cards by collectors. The front of the card features Jordan performing one of his famous slam dunks, while the back shows two years of stats. The card has an estimate of at least $2,000.
Michael Jordan began his basketball career with the Chicago Bulls in 1984, where he quickly established himself as one of the top basketball players of all time. Jordan scored an average of 30.12 points — fifth on the all-time list — across his 1,072 games played across 15 seasons. His gravity-defying moves on the court earned him several nicknames from fans, including “Air Jordan” and “His Airness” among others.
Other CSG-certified highlights in the auction include:
- a 1955 Topps #50 Jackie Robinson graded CSG 6 (lot 787) with an estimate of at least $1,000
- a 1955 Topps #47 Hank Aaron graded CSG 5.5 (lot 786) with an estimate of at least $700
- a 1959 Topps #514 Bob Gibson graded CSG 6.5 (lot 793) with an estimate of at least $700
- a 1960 Topps #148 Carl Yastrzemski graded CSG 7 (lot 794) with an estimate of at least $700
- a 1965 Topps #350 Mickey Mantle graded CSG 6 (lot 797) with an estimate of at least $700
- a 1963 Topps #44 Deacon Jones graded CSG 8 (lot 775) with an estimate of at least $700
- a 1955 Topps #2 Ted Williams graded CSG 5.5 (lot 785) with an estimate of at least $400
- a 1985-86 Topps #9 Mario Lemieux graded CSG 8 (lot 779) with an estimate of at least $400
All price estimates are provided by the auction house.
Get the latest CSG news delivered straight to your inbox.