CSG-certified Cards Featuring NBA Legends Offered by Hake's Auctions
Posted on 6/16/2021
Two cards featuring basketball legends are among the rare sports cards that are certified by Certified Sports Guaranty® (CSG™) in an upcoming Hake’s Auctions sale. Online bidding for Auction 232 is currently underway and will conclude June 29-30, 2021.
Bill Russell Topps card
A rare 1957 Topps #77 Bill Russell graded CSG 4 (lot 712) is one of the top highlights in this sale. Capturing Russell playing center, this card was printed during his first full season, and it has an estimate of $5,000 to $10,000.
Bill Russell had a successful career with the Boston Celtics from 1956 to 1969, with an average of 15.1 points and 22.5 rebounds per game. During his 13-season span, he won 11 championships and was named an All-Star 12 times. Russell also led the US team to a gold medal at the 1956 Olympics.
Michael Jordan Fleer card
Another desirable lot is an iconic card: a 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan graded CSG 7.5, with 7 centering, 8.5 corners, 8.5 edges and 9 surface (lot 718). Featuring the legendary player making one of his signature slam dunks, this card also has an estimate of $5,000 to $10,000.
|1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan graded CSG 7.5, 7 centering, 8.5 corners, 8.5 edges, 9 surface
Click images to enlarge.
Starting with the Chicago Bulls in 1984, Michael Jordan had a well-rounded career that extended beyond basketball. Jordan averaged 30.1 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. He won six NBA championships and two Olympic gold medals in basketball. In addition to being an All-Star 14 times, Jordan is a five-time NBA MVP, tied with Bill Russell.
Other CSG-certified highlights include:
- a 1933 World Wide Gum V353 #80 Babe Ruth graded CSG 3.5 (lot 912) with an estimate of $5,000 to $10,000
- a 1980-81 Topps Bird 34 / Erving SL 174 / Johnson 139 graded CSG 8 (lot 717) with an estimate of $2,000 to $5,000
- a 1975 Topps #228 George Brett graded CSG 9 (lot 920) with an estimate of $2,000 to $5,000
- a 1953 Topps #82 Mickey Mantle graded CSG 3.5 (lot 916) with an estimate of $2,000 to $5,000
- a 1952 Bowman #101 Mickey Mantle graded CSG 4.5 (lot 913) with an estimate of $2,000 to $5,000
- a 1958 Topps #62 Jim Brown graded CSG 4 (lot 708) with an estimate of $1,000 to $2,000
- a 1957 Topps #17 Bob Cousy graded CSG 3.5 (lot 710) with an estimate of $1,000 to $2,000
- a 1961-62 Fleer #38 Bill Russell graded CSG 5 (lot 713) with an estimate of $1,000 to $2,000
- a 1961-62 Fleer #47 Wilt Chamberlain In Action graded CSG 5.5 (lot 714) with an estimate of $1,000 to $2,000
- a 1972-73 Topps #195 Julius Erving graded CSG 7.5 (lot 716) with an estimate of $1,000 to $2,000
All estimates are provided by the auction house.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!