CSG is Bringing Its A-Game to the National, July 28-August 1 in Chicago
Posted on 6/21/2021
It’s official! Certified Sports Guaranty® (CSG™) is attending the National Sports Collectors Convention, taking place July 28-August 1, 2021, in Chicago. This is CSG’s first appearance at the National, in what may be the most highly anticipated sports card convention ever. After the annual event had to be cancelled last year, collectors and dealers are returning in a sports card market that is on fire.
Ready for the heat, CSG is planning a full-court press at the show, including:
- On-site grading – Get your cards authenticated, graded and encapsulated at the show. See details below. Space is limited, so submit early.
- Drop-offs for regular submissions – The CSG team will accept submissions to be taken back to its headquarters for certification at CSG’ regular grading fees, plus submitters save one way of shipping. See instructions below.
- CSG Card Sleeves and Semi-Rigid Holders for sale – CSG Card Sleeves and Semi-Rigid Holders are the best way to ensure that cards stay safe and secure before and during certification. In advance of the show, you can purchase your sleeves and semi-rigids from the CCG Store and pick them up at the CSG booth to save on shipping. Limited supplies will be available to buy at the show so purchasing at least one week before the National starts is the best way to ensure that you get yours. See details below.
- Meet Andy Broome, CSG Senior Grader – Collectors can meet Andy Broome at the CSG booth on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 2:00-3:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 10:00-11:00 a.m., but no requests for card evaluations, please. CSG representatives will be available to answer questions and explain CSG services and benefits throughout the show.
It’s all happening at booth 1607! Keep reading for more details…
Submit sports cards for on-site grading
On-site grading for sports cards will be offered Wednesday, July 28, through Saturday, July 31, for CSG’s Unlimited WalkThrough, WalkThrough, Express and Standard grading tiers as well as its CrossOver, ReHolder and High Value ReHolder services. Sub-grades, autograph grades and pedigrees will also be available by request at CSG’s regular pricing.
On-site grading submissions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited, and attendees are encouraged to submit at the start of the show. You will be able to check your CSG account to see when your submission is ready to pick up. If CSG needs to cut off on-site grading submissions early, submissions will still be accepted for CSG to grade at its headquarters at its normal fees and turnaround times.
You must be a CSG Associate or higher member to submit cards for grading. To save time, please complete the CSG Online Submission Form in advance. An option for “National On-site Grading” will be added by July 8, and CSG will announce pricing for on-site grading then. For detailed submission instructions, scroll to the “How to submit” section below.
Drop-off regular submissions at the show
All grading tiers and services may be submitted at the show to be taken back to CSG’s headquarters. Regular submissions of Pokémon and Magic: The Gathering cards will also be accepted for CGC Trading Cards. CSG and CGC Trading Cards’ regular services and fees will apply to drop-off submissions, plus you’ll save one way of shipping!
All regular submissions will be transported to CSG and CGC Trading Cards’ headquarters in Sarasota, Florida, for authentication, grading and encapsulation. The cutoff for regular submissions is 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 1. To learn more about CSG services and fees, click here. To learn more about CGC Trading Cards services and fees, click here.
How to submit
To streamline submissions at the show, please take the following steps before arriving:
- Become a CSG or CGC member. To join CSG, click here. To join CGC, click here. Memberships start at just $25/year!
- Complete the CSG Online Submission Form or CGC Trading Cards Online Submission Form and print the packing slip. Make sure your account number, shipping address, return shipping method and requested services are included on the paperwork.
- If you are submitting for CSG on-site grading, please select “National On-site Grading” on the CSG Online Submission Form. This option will be available by July 8.
- Carefully insert each of your cards in a CSG or CGC Trading Cards Card Sleeve or similar product and then within a CSG or CGC Trading Cards Semi-Rigid Card Holder or similar product. Find out more about CSG Card Sleeves and Semi-Rigid Holders here. Find out more about CGC Trading Cards Card Sleeves and Semi-Rigid Holders here.
- Place your cards in the exact order that they are listed on the packing slip.
- Protect your cards in a sturdy carrier until they are dropped off at the CSG booth.
- If there are 10 or fewer cards in your submission, CSG representatives will check them in front of you at the show. If the submission has more than 10 cards, or if your submission is for CGC Trading Cards, it will be placed in a tamper-proof container and then opened later under security cameras.
CSG will provide tablets at the booth for submitters to use for sign-up and submission purposes, but joining and completing submission forms in advance will save you time.
Buy and pick up CSG Card Sleeves and Semi-Rigid Holders
Due to a shortage of card sleeves and semi-rigid holders in the market, CSG created its own, and they have been embraced by collectors as the best way to protect cards before and during certification. In advance of the show, you can purchase your CSG Card Sleeves and CSG Semi-Rigid Card Holders from the CCG Store, select “Pick up” under "Delivery method" and pick up your order at the CSG booth to save on shipping. There will be limited supplies available to purchase at the show, so we encourage you to buy ahead!
The CSG team is thrilled to be attending the National, and we can’t wait to see you there! If you have questions about connecting with us or submitting to CSG at the show, contact CSG at [email protected] or 1-888-274-4723.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!