Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon Cards Certified by CGC Trading Cards in Heritage Sale
Posted on 5/27/2022
Heritage Auctions' Trading Card Signature Auction offers over 100 collectible cards certified by CGC Trading Cards™, including rare ones from Pokémon, Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! and more. Bidding is already underway for the sale being held June 11-12, 2022.
One CGC Trading Cards-graded highlight is a Yu-Gi-Oh! (2005) The Seal of Orichalcos North American English card graded CGC 7 (lot 36059). This rarely seen Yu-Gi-Oh! card was used in a side event hosted by Upper Deck and was not intended for use elsewhere. (Both Heritage and CGC Trading Cards are respecting the tradition of not revealing the back of this card.)
The auction features other rare trading cards available only from a special event, including a Pokémon (1999) No. 3 Trainer – Japanese, from the Tropical Mega Battle graded CGC 8.5 (lot 36169). The card, honoring a third-place finisher, comes from what is considered the first-ever Pokémon World Championship. It includes CGC sub-grades for Centering (9), Surface (8.5), Corners (8.5) and Edges (8).
The auction includes another card linked to tournaments: a Pokémon (1999) Tropical Wind – Japanese, Tropical Mega Battle Participation Prize graded CGC 8 (lot 36170). Fewer than 600 copies of the card were distributed, mostly at tournaments. This example has CGC sub-grades of Centering (9), Surface (8), Corners (8) and Edges (8.5).
Other notable cards graded by CGC Trading Cards in this auction include:
- a Magic: The Gathering (1993) Black Lotus from the Unlimited Edition graded CGC 6.5 (lot 36019)
- a Magic: The Gathering (1993) Library of Alexandria from Arabian Nights graded CGC 8.5 (lot 37013)
- a Magic: The Gathering (1994) The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale from Legends graded CGC 9 (lot 36037)
- a Pokémon (1999) Blastoise 2 from the Shadowless Base Set graded CGC 9 (lot 37100)
- a Pokémon (1999) Charizard 4 from the 1st Edition Base Set graded CGC 5.5 (lot 37098)
- a Pokémon (2000) Lugia 9 from Neo Genesis 1st Edition graded CGC 9.5 (lot 36251)
- a Pokémon (2021) Charizard – Japanese, 25th Anniversary from Creatures Deck graded CGC 9.5 (lot 36197)
- a Weiss Schwarz (2015) For Victory, Rin from Fate/Stay Night graded CGC 9.5 (lot 36129)
With the launch of CGC Trading Cards in 2020, Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) brought the same expertise, integrity and passion that revolutionized comic book collecting to the world of trading cards. The division continues to grow with the addition of new games, investment in the latest technology, incredible collections certified and record-setting prices realized.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!