Welcome to CGCcards.com!
Posted on 3/30/2022
CGC Trading Cards™ is excited to announce the launch of a brand-new website dedicated to trading card grading and collecting! The new CGCcards.com features comprehensive resources, including detailed information about the CGC Trading Cards grading process and grading scale, the CGC Trading Cards Online Submission Form and TCG-specific news. Soon, CGCcards.com will also be home to the CGC Trading Cards Population Report, CGC Trading Cards Registry and other important tools for collectors.
Launched in July 2020, CGC Trading Cards is the division of Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) devoted to the expert grading of the most popular trading card games, including Pokémon, Magic: The Gathering, Dragon Ball Super, Flesh and Blood, MetaZoo, Weiss Schwarz and many more. Additional games are coming soon (hint: Yu-Gi-Oh!) and will be announced on CGCcards.com.
The creation of a dedicated CGC Trading Cards website reflects the category’s growth within the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®), which also includes the world’s leading third-party grading services for coins, paper money and comic books, as well as fast-growing third-party grading services for sports cards and stamps.
Already, over 1.3 million trading cards have been graded by CGC Trading Cards, including impressive collections, like the Joel Mick Collection of early Magic cards, and numerous rarities, such as a Pokémon Test Print Blastoise that sold for a record $360,000. CGC Trading Cards now ranks as the second-largest grading service for non-sports trading cards.
Other highlights include:
- A unique deck of Magic Test Print cards that included 13 illustrations that were previously unknown. Learn more >
- A Pokémon 25th Anniversary Creatures Inc. Corporate History deck that was not made available to the public. Learn more >
- Cards from an excessively rare Magic Invitational “Sealed Deck” tournament. Learn more >
- An Instagram-famous Pokémon Charizard that accidentally ended up in the washing machine. Learn more >
- Five extremely rare Magic Heroes of the Realm cards that were not made available to the public. Learn more >
- A Pokémon Test Print Blastoise with a Magic back that realized $216,000 in a November 2021 auction. Learn more >
- The highest CGC Trading Cards-graded Pokémon 1st Edition Base Set Charizard — a CGC 9.5. Learn more >
- A pair of Pokémon Test Prints from the Team Rocket set that have the fronts of holofoil cards on both sides. Learn more >
- A complete set of 2015 Pokémon World Championships No. 1-4 Pikachu trophy cards. Learn more >
- Seventeen cards from the elusive English VS deck produced for the 2001 Tropical Mega Battle. Learn more >
- A Japanese Pokémon Illustrator card, informally referred to as the Pikachu Illustrator, that is one of only 39 released. Learn more >
- A Pokémon No. 1 Trainer Trophy card, the very first card graded by CGC Trading Cards! Learn more >
“I am honored that CGC Trading Cards has graded so many amazing cards in such a short time,” comments Matt Quinn, CGC Trading Cards Senior Grading Finalizer. “Collectors and dealers readily embraced CGC Trading Cards from day one, and the new CGCcards.com website is here to serve the community even better, with tailored news, tools and resources.”
The leader in error card certification
CGC Trading Cards is also proud to be the first third-party grading service to authenticate and grade major errors within the trading cards market, with the aid of advanced forensic technology. Examples of error cards certified by CGC Trading Cards include a Pokémon Gastly card with an imprint of a flying insect, a holographic Dark Charizard with a very large obstruction and many more. CGC Trading Cards has certified so many error cards that it released a definitive guide to error types. Learn more >
The fastest turnaround times at the most affordable prices
Due to incredible demand for CGC Trading Cards’ expert and impartial grading services, there was a backlog of submissions throughout most of 2021. After a concerted effort to increase capacity and streamline workflow, CGC Trading Cards eliminated its submission backlog and dramatically improved turnaround times, recently cutting bulk turnaround times in half.
CGC Trading Cards now offers some of the fastest turnaround times in the industry at the most affordable prices. Turnaround times range from just 3 days to 50 business days, with grading fees as low as $15 per card. Learn more >
More tools and resources coming soon!
In the coming weeks, CGC Trading Cards will be releasing more tools and resources on CGCcards.com, including the CGC Trading Cards Population Report and CGC Trading Cards Registry. Look for new announcements on the website and CGC Trading Cards’ social media channels: @CGCcards on Instagram, @CGCcard on Facebook and @CGCcards on Twitter. Also, check out the Events page to see what shows CGC Trading Cards is attending in 2022.
“We are thrilled that CGC Trading Cards has grown to the extent that the division needs and deserves its own website,” says Steven R. Eichenbaum, CEO of the Certified Collectibles Group, of which CGC Trading Cards is a part. “With the new CGCcards.com website, we are providing the best services to collectors and dealers on all fronts: fast turnaround times, the most affordable prices, an industry-leading holder and the most valuable online tools and resources.”
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!