CGC Cards Registry
What is the CGC Cards Registry?
What is a certification number?
What are competitive sets?
Competitive sets are a great way to compare your sets to others and view other collectors’ interests, which may inspire your collecting goals and create new interests.
What cards are eligible for the CGC Cards Registry?
- Magic: The Gathering
- Marvel Trading Cards
- Weiss Schwarz
In addition, all sports cards certified by CGC Cards are also eligible for the CGC Cards Registry.
Visit the CGC Cards Registry here.
How are CGC Cards Registry scores calculated?
What does a CGC Cards Registry score mean in a competitive set?
What happens when there is a tie in competitive sets?
Competitive sets are first ranked according to the set’s score. If two or more sets have the same score, competitive sets will break the tie by ranking the sets based on the percentage of cards with images.
To summarize, ranking is achieved by considering the following in order: (1) Set score; (2) Percentage of cards with images.
If all the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve will appear higher), but they will have the same rank numbers beside their set.
What is "Autobuild Set" and how does it work?
- Create a set, or go to an existing set, and click the orange “Autobuild Set” button.
- Each slot is filled with your highest-scoring available card for that slot.
- Lower-scoring cards are removed from each slot, if applicable. Removed cards can still be found in your card inventory when Autobuild Set is complete.
- Cards can only compete once per set type. If a card is already saved in a different set of the same set type, Autobuild Set will ignore it.
- Certain set types may have multiple slots that can accept the same card. In this case, Autobuild Set will add the card to the first slot where it will receive the highest score, but only if adding the card will increase the total set score.
- In rare cases, Autobuild Set may not be able to add a card that belongs in the set due to an error. If you believe your card should have been added, please contact the CGC Cards Registry at [email protected] or 877-662-6642.
How long will it take for my card to appear in my set?
Can ungraded cards or cards from other services be added to the CGC Cards Registry?
Can I add a CGC Cards-certified card to more than one set?
Yes. You may add your CGC Cards-certified card to more than one set; however, it cannot be added a set of the same set type. For example, you may add your Mickey Mantle card to both a Team Set and a Player Set because they are different set types.
What happens if I register a card that is already registered to another member?
Where do I request new CGC Cards Registry competitive sets?
- Select the card category and then the type of set.
- Click on Request a new set type here.
- Enter the Set Type and any relevant certification numbers.
Where do I request a new slot in an existing CGC Cards Registry set?
- If you have not created a set, please create a set for the slot you would like to request. (Do not use the + at the top of the page.)
- Click on Request a new slot.
- Enter the slot name/label description and certification number and submit.
Who do I contact if I have a CGC Cards Registry question?
Still not finding an answer? Contact CGC Customer Service at 1-855-GRADE10 (855-472-3310), 1-941-360-3991 or [email protected].